30 Days Blog Challenge - Day 5

12:00 AM


For the next 30 days I will be posting about a different topic of the 30 Days Blogging Challenge list.
I came across this fun looking challenge at fortheloveto .

I am now inviting you my fellow bloggers to join in with the fun. Please remember to tag me on Twitter so I can read your wonderful posts and I will reshare for you.

Today's Challenge: Favorite Hero and Why


She-Ra Princess of Power


She-Ra Princess of Power was and still is my favorite super heroine. 

Her·o·ine ˈherəwən/noun - a woman admired or idealized for her courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities. 
Not to be confused with the commonly misspelled drug Heroin which is an opioid painkiller that is misused as a recreational drug for its euphoric effects.

I put the definitions in this post because I kept getting directed to the drug when trying to find the female hero. Sometimes being grammatically correct is annoying.

Beck to She-Ra the female hero HEROINE! 

She-Ra Princess of Power was my favorite heroine as a child. I had the nightgown, bedding, the figurine and her unicorn Swift Wind. 

As a little girl I thought she was cool because she had a unicorn and a sword. She fought with He-Man and was just as good as him and sometimes saved him. Growing up I began to realize she was more awesome because she was equal in strength to her brother He-man and was working to save her planet. She-Ra was intelligent and that awesome sword changed shape. The cheery on the cake...FLYING UNICORN!  I mean who wouldn't want their own Swift Wind!

The thing that I loved the most was that She-Ra was a "normal" girl who turned into a superhero. I mean what little girl isn't a princess right! As a girl in my household my father always made it clear there would never be special treatment towards me because I was a girl. If I wanted to do something the boys were doing I had to prove myself and I did.

I remember I was about 10 years old and we were at an uncles helping bale hay. The boys wanted to drive the tractors around the field. I asked if I could too. My dad replied "when you can pee standing up". Being determined to drive that tractor I stood in front of my dad and uncle, widen my feet and stood there looking my dad straight in the eye and peed on the ground. My dad was so astonished he laughed and I got to drive that tractor...however I also had to wear my pee scented shorts for the rest of the day. I did not think that through very well!

She-Ra showed me that girls were just as awesome if not more so than boys! 

Come back tomorrow and see what I am proud of from the past few days.


 Warm Wishes to You and Yours


Deb

If you enjoyed reading this post click on the logo below to show your appreciation.
                                                     Vote For Me @ The Top Mommy Blogs Directory Vote For Me @ The Top Mommy Blogs Directory

You Might Also Like

0 comments